Sunday, October 23, 2011

Coming home!

“A house is made of walls and beams; a home is built with love and dreams.”

We left Lugano on June 20th. We came back October 21st for a holiday. What we did not expect were the emotions that overwelmed us. We were coming home again. Never mind that our house is not ours anymore, the school is not where the kids are enrolled any longer, the gym pass does not grant us access and we don't receive the local supermarket weekly bulletin, Breganzona is still our home.


Over four years ago we started our Swiss adventure and began to sow seeds. What we never realized is how much they have grown and how strong the roots have become. I dare say our friends have felt a similar excitement upon our arrival. The kindness and openess with which eveyone has received us touched us more than we could have imagined. From East European immgrants, Caribbean emigrants, Italian expats to hockey-loving, die-hard Ticinese, each and every one of them made us feel at home for a couple of hours over a cup of coffee, an afternoon spent in the park or a dinner given in our honour.


Over the past 40 years I have always considered Zurich my home. Today I admit that the Ticino has stolen a part of my heart and it will forever be piece of me and my family.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...