Thursday, August 4, 2011

The BORED JAR

“Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored.”
Wayne Dyer

Every once in a while I come across an incredibly inspiring post by a fellow blogger that I just need to share. The last one was: I'm an Organizing junkie.

Yesterday I shared my new-found passion of pinning photos on Pinterest boards: http://pinterest.com/expatwithkids/.

Today I would like to introduce you to 365 days of pinterest creationshttp://kirstycolquhoun.blogspot.com/.

Kristy Colquhoun lives in rural Auckland, she is a home schooling mummy of two children and makes something great every day from her pinterest boards! Regardless of whether a seam is a little crooked, she unfailingly goes onto the next pin and brings it to life.

My absolute favourite idea is the BORED JAR. Whenever a peep in Kristy's house utteres the phrase "I'm bored" they have to go to the jar and do the activity they pull out without whining, ifs, or buts! Mummy puts in lots of good stuff like have an ice cream, ride bikes for an hour, play with chalk, but there are also some nasties in their to discourage the use of the 'bored' phrase ... so if you do utter it, you take your chances on whether saying it was worth it!



I bet you nobody will mention being bored in my household after I set up my "BORED JAR"


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...