Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Baby blog blues

"Anybody singing the blues is in a deep pit, yelling for help."
Mahalia Jackson

As I am wading my way through the newcomer's blogger jungle one step at the time, it seems every way I look there are more links to be added, more RSS, a tweet here and a stumble there.
I surf the net looking at other peoples' web pages and think: "How do they do it? Their blogs look so much more professional than mine?" More to the point: "Where do they find the time to do all their fancy layouts, research, photos and texts?" My conclusion in order to appease myself is: "Either they're professionals in their field of web designing and/or writing and/or editing or else they MUST spend the entire day stuck infront of the computer.

Three months into my blogging expericence, I admit it has become a passion. I enjoy putting up posts and sharing wacky information with others around the globe. HOWEVER, where do I go from here?
Do I continue my pink-Lugano-guide theme or do I go all black-and-white-design professional (clearly with the extra help of a web wizzard)?

I most definately feel a case of baby blog blues coming on! Help!!!!

3 comments:

Expat with Kids said...

Any comments are welcome!!!

Elisa @ Crazy, Amazing Life said...

I think the only way to truly enjoy blogging is to just let your blog be a true reflection of yourself. So what if others have black and white layouts? If pink expresses your personality better, stick with it. Who wants to be just another number in the pack, anyway?

Welcome to the blogosphere!

Expat with Kids said...

Thanks Elisa. I appreciate the honest advise. It's exactly what I needed to hear! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...